BFG Velvet Ride Shackles

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Many moons ago I installed a set of BFG Velvet Ride shackles on the rear of my truck. I am thinking about taking them off and reinstalling the factory shackles due to some overload spring perch modifications I am doing. I was thinking about putting the Velvet rides in the for-sale section but when I went online to see what they sold for new all I come up with is "Sorry this product is currently out of production and not available." Are they no longer in production? Why....

Red Monkey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are they? I know what shackels are but I have never heard of the "BFG Velvet Ride" shackles. How do they differ from the stock ones?

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Stop the Hop, Skip and Jump your Trucks and Vans experience on rough road, these vehicles are designed to give a smooth ride fully loaded. But when lightly loaded, it doesn't take much to make it "vibrate," hop, skip and jump. That's because the leaf springs overcompensate for a heavy load that's not there. Our Velvet Rides make a significant improvement in you ride when installed on vehicles that are operated on concrete freeways that have misaligned joints, they dampen the bump, bump that goes on for miles.

The product is based on the Torsilatic® brand rubber torsion spring which consists of an inner steel shaft surrounded by a rubber cylinder encased in an outer shell of high-strength metal. When the shaft is rotated in relation to the outer shell, the rubber resists the twisting effect and provides support along with vibration isolation. As the force is released, it returns to its original position while maintaining its vibration isolating capabilities.

You can click the link in my first post and see pictures.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
They will be up for sale in a week or two. I have to find my old shackles which are out in the shop somewhere and then find time to install them. I will shoot you a pm when I list them in the for sale section.

No one knows why they quit manufacturing them? Might make the used ones worth more ;)

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crumm, If the truth be know, someone had a wreck and a lawyer somewhere blamed it on the "BFG Velvet Ride Shackles" and it cost BFG a bunch of money, so they quite making them. That's my :2c :sorry

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58