Question BG Products - Oil Additive

stclairdean

StClairDean
Reaction score
Firstly, I have searched the forums to see if this has already been covered and I have not been able to find any discussion on this subject. If it has already been covered, my apologies.

I recently had my first oil change at the dealership. All went well until I got the invoice. I was not expecting an additional charge ($26.42) for an oil additive (BG11232). When I asked the guy who was running the lube shop what that it was about, he handed me a glossy info sheet explaining the BG Protection Plan. I asked for an explanation and he couldn't give me one since he doesn't normally work in that area of the shop, but since the shop forman was sick.......

It appears that if you use this additive, BG will warranty your engine for life if you continue to use their products and religiously follow the service intervals recomended by Ford.

In reading the "Conditions and Exclusions" section, I see that it applies to "passenger cars, vans, SUVs, and pick-up trucks with a GVW of 9500 lbs or less. Since I have a F-350 with a GVWR of 11400 lbs, I seem to be excluded.

Is anyone familiar with this? Just curious.

Thanks

Jetpilot1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like snake oil, if you didn't ask for it, you shouldn't be paying for it. I'd make them change the oil and put what you asked for back in.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58