Big G Mileage Miser

NASCAR Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am looking to improve the gas mileage of my 05 Excursion. I see that Granatelli has a chip that offers 3-4MPG, 50 HP and 150 torque.

2005-2006 Ford 6.0 Powerstroke Mileage Miser

Plug & Play Design
Adds 50 Horsepower
Adds 150lb./ft. of torque
Adds up to 4MPG
Re-maps diesel injection pump fuel delivery & modifies the injection-timing curve
Easy to install or remove w/no wire cutting, soldering or fuel pump interfacing
Installs easily in minutes with no computer skills required

Does anyone have this chip in their 6.0?

I am not looking for Mustang GT like acceleration, just better fuel economy.

Summit sells it for $239, much cheaper than a SCT with custom tunes.

JRJ04

Reaction score
i've never heard of that chip before, and if it were my truck, theres no way i would put a no-name in it. i would stick to a reputable brand name that has been tried and true.

secondly, to really get the mileage gain, you'll have to really discipline your right foot...otherwise your mileage will actually go down because of the fun factor.

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i've never heard of that chip before, and if it were my truck, theres no way i would put a no-name in it. i would stick to a reputable brand name that has been tried and true.

secondly, to really get the mileage gain, you'll have to really discipline your right foot...otherwise your mileage will actually go down because of the fun factor.

x2

Do you have gauges yet?....or does it have a built in display? I'd get those before I'd get a chip. And I always thought that anything +50hp and below was for a tow set-up....not economy. I've never claimed to be a 6.0 expert, but I'd question 3-4mpg increase. And my personal prefference, I like more than one power level offered on a chip/programmer like DP/Superchips/TS.....

NASCAR Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score

It's made by Granatelli Motorsports. They have been around awhile.

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
yeah i was gona say theyve been around awhile ...i almost bought this chip when i first got my truck beacuse they guarenteed a mileage increase etc...i did see some guys on tv using the big g but it wasnt the mileage miser version...ive ran the quadzilla xzt (their mileage/towing chip since i had about 5k on the truck and have liked it and if you go to somebodies webpage they tested about 12 name brand tuners and this one tested well jst my .02

NASCAR Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ckamp52,

Do you or anyone else know where they tested these 12 tuners so I could review them?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58