Big Oil = MPG Increases???

CHPMustang

Reaction score
earl-
will the stock injectors take it?

typically what is involved in bigger oil hpop installation? new supply hoses? return hoses?

dp
From my understanding with the Pulse unit,it's a straight swap out of the stock unit.No new hoses required although with bigger oil pressure you'll need more fuel delivery to match the oil output. At least that's my understanding;)

The Pulse unit works fine with stock injectors.

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
earl-
will the stock injectors take it?

Stock tuning uses 3000 psi ICP. It's just when you ask for longer pulse width to get all the fuel out is when the HPOP is taxed and an aftermarket unit is favored.
typically what is involved in bigger oil hpop installation? new supply hoses? return hoses?

dp

IC piping removal, fuel bowl removal, HPOP reservoir removal, drive gear bolt removal. The rest will vary on the system.

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
When does one of those things pay for itself.............

If you got 1mpg increase in fuel milage and burned 20 gals a week thats just over 1gal(~17mpg) of fuel at $3.50 so lets say a savings of $4.00 savings per week X 52 weeks is what..............$208.00 per year.

I don't have a clue what Big Oil costs but lets say $1250.00 for the sake of arguement. $1250/$208= 6yrs for it to pay for itself........did I figure that right??? :confused:

Tbar

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
When does one of those things pay for itself.............

I didn't do it for mileage.:dunno

From the first time I rode in Blowby's truck I knew I had to have dual pumps! Being down in RPMs with a stick makes it even more enjoyable to have twice the volume at whatever RPM.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg