Big oil

kiarasue

The RamSmoker
Reaction score
Hs anybody know anything about big oil?? I have heard a little about it but wasn't shure if this is only for drag trucks and pullers. $2000.00 for a fuel pump is a bit steep in my book. I thought Bill or another "senior" member, sorry Bill, would have some insite to the real pro's and cons. Bill

BBBxcursion

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's an oil pump. Oil PSI fires our injectors. Beansdieselperformance.com has all the info. Bean is a great vendor too :)

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Big oil (modified HPOP) is needed if you are running modified injectors, you need an oil pump that can maintain adequate pressure at high volumes (bigger injectors require more oil to run each plunger down) and the stock pumps are border line with Stage I and Stage II injectors, and definetly wont hang with Stage II splits or anything larger.

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Big oil will give back some torque. Torque curves are ridiculous on big oil trucks. It also can help with smoke if tuned right.

I'm doing big oil with my stockers to get all that I can out of them. I want to have 3000psi at the blip of the throttle.:thumbs Hopefully it will help minimize smoke on upshifts.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14