Big Rig Wheel Kits

HostileWes

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Part 1

I really want to put a set on my 2002 450. a few issues i have not worked out yet, thought maby i could get some insight. Is American Force the only ones making wheels? I know my lug pattern is diffrent from 04 back. American Force told me they had nothing that wouldit my truck after asking me the year. duallywheels4u has a adaptor that states 99-04 8 X 170mm to the big 10lug. thats me,,,,,right? so i can use that adaptor and the Liberty wheel from American Force. So if i dont have this worked out through something at me and point me in the right direction please.:sweet

Part 2

Providing part 1 is all worked out. I want to use the 22.5 wheels and the standard tires. is this going to it the 2WD truck. I know the F-450 sits high but just seams close. i called around and the info i got is some do and some need the leveling kit to fit on the 2WD F-450.:dunno

Last edited:

ponyexpress94

Diesel Power Junkie
Reaction score
If I am understanding your description correctly of the adapter you have found then unfortunately it will not work. The 450/550 has a 10 lug hub versus the 250/350. Additionally the 10 lug 450/550 hub is smaller than the 10 lug hubs used on the big rig trucks. The adapter you found is for 250/350 hubs to big rig 10 lugs. If you have already contacted American Force wheels I don't know of anyone else to steer you towards. Hope this helps and good luck.

HostileWes

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Then why does the 2002 simulator show 8 lugs if they are 10 lug wheels?

So i called them and they ask me what year, i said 2002, he said he only had them for 05 and up. i think 05 started the 10 lug. im with you. the sad thing is i wount be home or another 10 days to look for my damn self. Test drove it, left town , changed my mind and sent my girlfriend back to pick it up. I could ask her to go count, but then i would have to describe what a lug nut is and its just not worth it.:doh:

ponyexpress94

Diesel Power Junkie
Reaction score
I learned something new today...thanks Big Rooster.

Hostile Wes...you are going to have to physically measure your bolt pattern so you have some info when you contact vendors, because I believe the adapter you found is for F250/350 wheels to big rig wheels. There may not be much out there for your particular setup other than perhaps these:

Rickson Truck Wheels and Accessories

the upper half of the specs table on this page would be for your truck the fine print at the top of the table even tells you what your bolt pattern is, which is: 8-225mm B.C., 170.1mm bore, hub centered.

You guys keep posting while I'm researching....I'm too slow...

check my message here and I believe you'll find if you do in fact have a 450 then the adapter you found will NOT work...Hope I'm helping...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Wait a minute i read that on the 08's it was a factory option to have 10 lug hubs. Depending on the steering knuckles and hopefully they are the same you should just be able to swap out wheel hubs everything after the knuckle and not have to use any adapters.

Here is another company to contact also from their website they didnt list sizes though
Ford 19.5" maximum force dual wheel conversion kits with wheels

while yer at i'll take a set of super singles for my time :roflmao

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14