Bigger injectors ?

REDLIFTED350

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of getting different injectors and heres my questions.

Is it worth getting the stock ones modified?

Will bigger injectors decrease MPG's?

How big can I go without different HPOP or low pressure pump?

Do I have to pull the cab?

dpantazis

Reaction score
I was thinking of getting different injectors and heres my questions.
Is it worth getting the stock ones modified?
no
Will bigger injectors decrease MPG's?
injectors won't, but you will ;)
How big can I go without different HPOP or low pressure pump?
something like stage 1's you will be ok with OEM HPOP. i don;t recall the cc's, but it is the limiting case. even if you don't get that crazy with the injectors, the HPOP might not keep up with the higher flows.
Do I have to pull the cab?
why would you think you would have to pull the cab?

01platinum

Go VOLS
Reaction score
get in touch with Ryan Casserly (Full force diesel in Murfreesboro, Tn)) he builds alot of injectors around my area, he'll answer any questions you may have and can build your injectors any way you want them.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Your stock HPOP can hang with 160's in a Stg I arrangement pretty easily. If you are a do it yourselfer kind of guy then doing your own injectors at home is doable but the engine has a moderate amount of miles then going with one of the builders may be more suitable.

REDLIFTED350

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks,

dpantazis - I was looking at a mag the other day and they pulled the cab to put injectors in, it was a 6.0 if that makes a difference. I have also read that you have to pull the engine or cab to do head studs. Correct me if I am wrong.

When it comes to doing it myself, I will definetaly try, I did everything on my truck so far.

strokin'_tatsch

death row inmate #7
Reaction score
you could run stage 2's on the stock hpop, but the hpop wouldn't keep up with the demand well enough to take full advantage of the 2's. if building the injectors is something you may be in to trying then check out www.diy-injectors dot com

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
if you are going to do head studs, yes the engine will need to be pulled (or the cab, but engine is probably easier for the shade tree mechanic)

my stage 1's (160cc's) are too big for my stock heui pump. i have an OBS pump so yours may do better. it doesnt stumble or anything, but the CEL comes on if you mash it down and rev it out....code for low heui pressure comes up.

MBRPCrazyford

Eat Some Smoke
Reaction score
Reresh me, whats heui? Won't the bigger injectors run out of fuel at higer throttle runs because isn't that already a problem for (at least the #8 IIRC) stock injectors. If so, will fuel pump shim be a fix? Sorry RED, not tryin to Hi-jack just tryin to learn cause this might be my next mod. We'll all learn together!

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58