bigger tires

jarron

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
what is the biggest tire i can put on an 05 250 without lifting or having rub problems

Nautorious1

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
It really depends on what stock rims you got with your truck. Typically you can go about an inch wider and and inch larger in diameter without rubbing issues and if you do have rubbing issues it's only on the plastic air dam that is located below the bumper and you can easily cut out a very small section of that on each side to accomodate the bigger tire. However, as I said earlier, why spend money on a barely larger tire for an unlifted truck, when you can get a nice lift and the right tire size for your trucks look for around $1500 for a descent lift and the wheels go from $200 each and up.

altaford

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
33 12.5 will fit no problem, but really is barely any bigger than stock. That size does allow a pretty good choice of treads tho.

foxrider241

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
If your just in the market for new tires and want a slightly larger diameter then you could clear 33's but if you either plan on muddin or if you live in an area that has heavy snow or rough terrian, i'd have to say put a simple lift on your truck, just enough to clear 35's. Not knowing so much about smaller lifts for f-series trucks, before i bought my 250 psd i had a 1/2 ton dodge and put a 6" lift on for only 400 dollars... usually a 6 would have cost around 2 grand but if you take your time and do some good searchin online you will easily be able to put on a simple lift to clear 35's. With my dodge i put a 3" body lift and 3" block in the rear and new torsion keys so its was 3 body and 3 suspension and was able to clear 36 13.5 Super Swamper Iroks with no rub, then the jeep i put a 4.5 rough country then blocked the rear and coil spacer upfront. Think easy and don't spend 700 dollars on a 4" when you can do the same cheaper.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14