Bill Gates gets richer and richer...

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My main computer came with Vista, but with all the problems that Vista had in the beginning, I formated the hard drives and installed Windows xp. Now on my new laptop it has Vista, and I think I will leave it on, but the problem is that good ole Bill has made it troublesome to install Office 2000 on Vista and make Outlook work. Office 2000 was a great program, but now you have to upgrade to Office 2003 or Office 2007 to work with Vista. Much more money, and I do not think they look as good as Office 2000.
I know poor Bill needs my help, so I will donate to the cause. :dh

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bill's Orafice XP does work on Vista.......

and he didn't make a dime from me on it :innocent

Last edited:

architect-builder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My biggest issue with my new Vostro 1700 is that it will not communicate with my plotter. And HP is not going to write software for Vista on alot of their large format plotters.

Now, I find out you can get a Vostro with Xp, (was not an option when I ordered mine). Would have been nice to have that option 2 months ago.

I guess I will keep transferring my files to my other notebook for plotting, but what a stupid situation.

Barrett

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sad part is, that Bill has to keep developing entire new systems for everyone to use rather than update the existing ones. Remember when it all started with Windows For Workgroups, then Windows 95, 98, 2000, XP, and now Vista. All of these in a little over 10 years. About the time that most of us got used to using one system, they came up with a new one. So crazy!!!!!! Seems like the computer geeks at Microsoft just want to keep dangling those carrots to all of us. :dizzy:dizzy

graystang88

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
there is an alternative

if you are fed up with MS try a linux OS it solved all my problems some people love it some people hate it but its free so why not try it and stop giving bill your hard earend cash save it for your truck

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
A buddy of mine was over last night and he told me about a free product he uses that interfaces with all the MS Office 2007 software.........Word, Excel etc.

I think he said it called Win Office.............anybody ever tried it?

Tbar

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
if you are fed up with MS try a linux OS it solved all my problems some people love it some people hate it but its free so why not try it and stop giving bill your hard earend cash save it for your truck

Or move on to Apple. I did a few years ago and never looked back.

Dave :) :)

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
A buddy of mine was over last night and he told me about a free product he uses that interfaces with all the MS Office 2007 software.........Word, Excel etc.

I think he said it called Win Office.............anybody ever tried it?

Tbar

Never heard of Win Office, but OpenOffice, is free, and does the same thing.

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
Or move on to Apple. I did a few years ago and never looked back.

Dave :) :)
X2. We have SEVEN Macs in our stable of 'puters. Three of the Macs will run XP or Vista. We only have three Windows boxes. Right now I am composing this message on one of my older Mac desktop computers and burning a DVD for the wife on my MacBook. My oldest Mac is nearly nine years old and STILL runs the latest Mac software. Try THAT with Windows.

Those who worship Windows are gluttons for punishment.

Last edited:

bgirls

lacky
Reaction score
just received a new HP for the head of school, it comes with vista installed but also comes with a disk to roll back to xp pro sp2. i will attempt this feat tomorrow.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58