BioDiesel and O-Rings

dboyw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the warn weather hopefully around the corner, I hope to start using B100 again. What o-ring should I replace to avoid fuel leaks? Anything else I should review? I do keep extra fuel filter with me for the cleaning effects of B100.

Thanks

CHPMustang

Reaction score
If any of them I'd do the Drain Valve O-rings otherwise I wouldn't touch anything else:sweet

Run a Blackstone on your next oil change to get the condition of your Injector O-rings as the new ULSD in some cases have caused some degradation of them and you don't want 2% or more showing in your motor oil.

We changed the O-rings on all 8 injectors this past November after Blackstone indicated a problem with fuel in the oil sample.

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
What I'm hearing is that ULSD tends to shrink o-rings and bioD swells them. Just another advantage to using bioD.

bigdiesel99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
viton o-rings will not be affected by bio fuel check them out at itp diesel dennis has a them for a good price..

dboyw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. As of now I have been running B10 for the past few months. Same cost as regular diesel, but it has bio, more lubrication, and an other benefits you want to say. Hopefully the dealer will step up to B20 soon.

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
after you run b100 for a few months, check your return lines. Several of us have had to change them. Not a big deal or expense. You'll know if they have gone south on you. They will be greasy looking and sticky.

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Everything on the SDs is BD compatible unless you've done the pre-pump mod and used a hose that's not Viton or teflon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58