Biodiesel in an 08 6.4???

bigredram3500

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Let me hit this off you guys:

Use a dual tank, heated system designed for running vegi oil. However, use it for B100. My oil source already filters down to two microns and dewaters the oil. Refilter the oil just to make sure, do the bio-production, and run it through a thermostatically controlled heated delivery system. Think this might work???

Use a Fass fuel filter system also with a Fleetguard 3 micron filter???

Last edited:

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
So you plan on reacting your own fuel? I don't recommend that with the Siemens injectors.

If you don't get a full reaction and have free-glycerine(not visible to naked eye) left in the fuel you will have problems. Only lab tests will let you know if you are getting out all the glycerine.

I have seen one pump that ran homebrew. It was very gummy inside and the pumping plungers were stuck because it was so gummed up. I talked with our other stores and they have seen a rash of homebrew users trashing pumps.

Good luck with your decision but I would price out new injectors first. I know what our cost is and you don't want to know what end user cost is.:eek:

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
rooster,

Last time I heard they was like $500 each? I might be wrong though ;)

bigredram3500

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Yeah, good info guys. Although the short term savings would be nice, it would end up costing me more in the long run. For me the long run is about 2 years. Decision made, dino only in my $80,000 investment. Thanks guys, for all the good info.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58