Biodiesel now available in Huntsville, AL

FTG-05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Enersight is selling B50 in the Huntsville area. Price Friday May 25, '07 was $104.12 for 38 gallons or about $2.74 per gallon. Lowest diesel price I saw when traveling to TN and back was $2.81.

Ph. = 256-694-1949, ask for Drew, they are located on 515 Sparkman Dr. about one block south of University behind the BizTech building on the west side of Sparkman. Go north on Sparkman, take the left at the last red light before University (BizTech parking lot).

You need to call first to make an appointment to meet the truck, either at BizTech or elsewhere. They'll meet you at your place, during the weekends, whatever - guys, they want to sell BD.

Drew says the building is almost done in Putnam Industrial Park in Madison. I happened to be in PIP last Sunday and saw their building although I didn't know it at the time - pretty nice building. Drew says they plan 5 million gallons of BD per year when they get up and running.

I asked about distributors in the Hsv area and he said that Spencer and Campbell & Sons were on board.

Let me know how you like the B50.

Thanks,

Al

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Thanks for passing it to him as he doesn't always make it down here to the BioDiesel slot:D ;)

FTG-05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got 30 gallons last night. Cheapest I've found regular diesel lately is $2.81 per gallon.

Last night, Justin and Drew's B50 was $2.75 per gallon. Better fuel and $.06 cheaper per gallon - what more can you ask for?

Al

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Drain your HFCM often to make sure you are getting quality fuel. If you find a milky substance I would bet they are using at least some animal fats and not getting a full reaction.

Feels good to be green huh!

FTG-05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't drain my HFCM anymore, it's against my religion. :)

Instead, I use the 3 mcron water separator fuel filter that's on the output side of my 90 gallon aux fuel tank. Much easier and qucker. I usually drain it after putting in any fuel in my aux fuel tank and "refueling" the OEM tank.

I did get some crud out of the WSFF once or twice after using Enersight's B50. Justin and I *think* it's the B50 doing what BD does second best and cleaning out my aux tank and lines. The last three times I've drained the filter, it's all looked good.

Consistent use of BD has probably cleaned everything out by now. Previously, I could only get BD when traveling to or through Chattanooga and this it was only B20.

And yes, it does feel good using fuel that's made by Americans, runs cleaner and is good for my engine!

ETA: Enersight doesn't make it's own fuel yet; they get it out of Chattanooga and haul it down to Hsv. They have a plant under construction with the planned making and distribution of 5M gallons per year. The plant should up and running by the end of the year. The good news is that it's located in Madison, so a lot closer to me. My understanding is that all feedstock will be plant-based, not animal based.

Thanks,

Al

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58