Biodiesel Production Software

dpantazis

Reaction score
its nice but...

you have to use it under MS Access? What a crock.... isn;t one of the points of BioD to be independant of large, money grubbing corporations and supporting the grass roots economy?

In the day and age where you can use things like Java and Perl and other free (as in BEER) software, a cleaner, software independant solution can be made.

I know I know, those in glass houses...

It's better than nothing I suppose and for those who have the pre-req's it would work fine.

Dennis

rickh

Biodiesel Rules!
Reaction score
Before you get in too deep, here..
I personally poured my heart and hundreds of hours of programming into this software.
Dependent on MS Access yes it is.
I will respect your opinion of large corporations, but understand it is MY software that you would be running.
Version 2.0 is in the works but will be this fall before it is ready and it will be a self standing exe.
Rick H...

JOAT

I Found Nemo!
Reaction score
Very cool program Rick:sweet

I'll play with it some more later. Any chance of adding an option to show catalyst in grains instead of grams? I use an old reloading scale, so always have to convert. Maybe a custom field where you could label the catalyst field with the appropriate conversion factor

Some may also want to be able to enter the VO amount in liters instead too.

Last edited:

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rick,

That's a very cool program. And will be greatly beneficial to anyone who is setting up to make biodiesel.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
rickh
a bargain
i dont make bio yet but this is a great idea,

I to am tired of microsoft.........

wait i must reboot three times a day,
but thats not your issue its bills'

preciate your hard work.
:sweet

dpantazis

Reaction score
its not personal

rick-

i did not mean for my comments to be personal. i am a slave to the M$ dragon. as an engineer, i am supposed to engineer but i spend much of my time dealing with, you guesses it, a f#*&%$@#$^ing M$ Access/MSDE database program that is supposed to do our accounting and payroll. cntl^alt^del all day long. between that and the usual M$ snafus my work is awful at times. make wrenchin on our trucks pleasurable.

your app IS VERY good and useful. there is nothing else out there like it.

if you want help debugging, programming or porting over to something like JDBC i will be glad to offer my help. there are some neat opensource and portable options out there.

sincerely

dennis

rickh

Biodiesel Rules!
Reaction score
Dennis and All, thanks for the support!
Visual Basic (which is what most of the program is) is a great high level language.
In the end still just a script inturpeted by MS Access.
Now using C and compiling it, that would be great but push the cost of the software over 100 bucks!
Right now I elected not to have CD's printed and no packaging. Save on the cost I would just have to pass on.
At any rate...
The Demo Download is now working if you would like to check it out!
Rick H...

rickh

Biodiesel Rules!
Reaction score
That calculator is nice but no way to save your data. It is also missing the on the auto calc for purity, but still a nice little tool.
Rick H...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14