Black Smoke

WhiteWheelin

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i was outside my house the other day changing the oil in my truck and i hear this dodge diesel comin down the street and he hammered on it and he put out the most amount of black smoke i have ever seen. i was curious what i have to do to increase the amount of black smoke out of my truck. i notice mine doesnt really create any for some reason. Thanks WW

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
what i have to do to increase the amount of black smoke out of my truck
more fuel, or less oxygen.

honestly though, thick nasty heavy smoke is just power wasted and excessive heat being created. it also gets you tickets and gives diesels a bad rap, especially with the ozone nazi's that have already choked the diesel engine enough with thier DPF.

i guess all i am saying is be careful :D

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
call DPTuner, cough up your $400, tell Jody you want a smoke tune..

kenholl

Its my side of the garage
Reaction score
what [do] i have to do to increase the amount of black smoke out of my truck. i notice mine doesnt really create any for some reason. Thanks WW

When you see black smoke, think $4/gal diesel! That black smoke is basically raw, unburned fuel that is being dispatched out of his exhaust, rather than burning in the engine, producing POWER. In the trucking industry, that truck would be considered ill-running.

I don't know too many people that have so much money, and their future so well secured, that they can legitimately justify driving around spraying raw $4/gal fuel out of their exhaust. For most, it's pretty irresponsible...

snakyjake

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Is the black smoke adding crud to the engine? What does it do to the valves? Does it add crud to the oil too?

Black smoke can be fun for show, but I'm too concerned about what it does to the engine. I spent a lot of money trying to keep my oil clean, and I use synthetic oil. I don't want to mess it all up by adding more smoke to it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58