black smoke?

brapp

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i know the black smoke isnt the heqlthiest thing for my 03 6.0 psd but i wanan put on a good show now and then what can i do to make it pour the black soot out my stacks?my truck is basicly stock exept a set of 33inch tslthornbirds and a set of 5 inch stacks but left the cat basicly just disconected the pipe behind the can and brought it up trough the bed.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
The computer will not let your truck smoke if it is running correctly. I don't know how to make it smoke, other than pouring diesel fuel into the hot exhaust pipes and praying it doesn't burn. (Kids, don't try this at home)

Dave

Redrig

Rig Monkey...
Reaction score
my truck with the chip set on extreme will puff black off the start but cleans up and puts the power down...I've left a few import cars sitting at the lights gaging on the smoke.:burnit :roflmao ...Man I love my truck!!!

JSPulliam21

Uva Uvam Vivendo Vari Fit
Reaction score
Because that black smoke is unburned fuel. If you could burn that fuel with more boost, or more air volume from a larger turbo, you would make more power. It is easy, and relativley cheaper, to add more fuel, and black smoke, than it is to make turbo upgrades. You will still make power by pumping in more fuel, but you will reach a point where a larger turbo will be neccesary to keep EGT's in check, and burn all of that extra fuel you have worked so hard to get.:sweet :thumbs

CBSuperDuty

Got Looney???
Reaction score
Blocking the airflow will do it but I would suggest a chip/programmer or similar.

brapp

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
so a good programer shoudl help. caus ei wanan leave a victory trail when i kill all the imports around here lol

nafd86

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
brapp if you really wan to go impresive especially with the stacks id like to see pics of by the way run propane lines and sparkplugs in the stacks and throw flames. you might get some flames without the propane but the propane will make sure you get them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14