Blinkers and Flashers Quit

Goliath

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My blinkers and flashers both cut out today. Are they both operated on the same relay? I tried changing around the 4 relays underneath the dash and nothing happened. My truck didnt come with an owners manual so I have no idea of where the right relays actually are.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
According to my 2004 DVD, they are both on the same relay. It is called Relay box 1 and it has 5 pins, 2 for the coil and 3 for the contacts.

Dave - hope this helps

Goliath

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Ok I replaced the relay and it blew again. I tried pulling all the bulbs and putting a new relay in and it blew again. Anyone have any other ideas of where a short may be in the system.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I replaced the relay and it blew again. I tried pulling all the bulbs and putting a new relay in and it blew again. Anyone have any other ideas of where a short may be in the system.

When you say: Relay. Do you mean the Turn Signal Flasher ? If not, try replaceing that

If yes, with what you've described so far.. I'd say there's a short somewhere under the Dash, maybe in the light switch? or in the steering column ? The Clockworks Spring.. behind the steering wheel ? The big connectors at the base of the steering column ?

Been in any Deep Water or Mud lately ??

Couple'a places to start :dunno :dunno

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigtruk