blinking headlight's

stroked 350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here's a good one,after about driving my head light's start blinking on & off . is there a relay for them ?anybody got idea's i'm confused . thank's chuck

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Sounds like a breaker or relay is getting hot. I will check the manual too see just what the headlights are run through if no one else knows off the top of there head right quick. When the old 70's Ford trucks do this you had to replace the switch but I am almost sure they have updated the system since then.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Well since no one else has came up with a idea here is mine.

I did a little searching and found that the headlights are run off of fuse #19 which is a 40amp under the hood. Since it is a fuse and not a breaker it would not cause blinking. I also found that there is a circuit breaker integrated into the body of the headlight switch just like there was back in the 70's. In my last post I said that "I am almost sure they have updated the system since then" but I guess I was wrong. I would start by checking over the system for shorts that could be tripping the breaker in the switch. If you don't find any then it may just be a weak breaker so you will have to change the switch.

hdjeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just a thought, my 85 mustang did the same thing, headlights would blink, it turned out to be the multifunction switch on the steering column with the brights and turnsignals.

MUDWHISTLE

Diesel Lover
Reaction score
Might be a bad ground out by the headlight too! IIrc the lights ground out on the front clip/radiator support

94redbeauty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I second multifunction lever, sometimes when I hit my blinker left/right with my headlights on it will kill the lights for a split second, think its all the dirt and chit in there I would imagine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58