Help Needed Block Heater & Cord

TimberGhost

Buildin' It Up
Reaction score
Ok, Anyone know if it's even remotely possible that my '06 SD (6.0L) did not have a block heater installed from factory? From what I've read, anything after '05 had it installed...but the plug-in was an option unless ordered that way. I've spent 2 hours looking for it and I finally gave in and took it across the street to the local garage, and they couldn't find it either. Either I'm goin' crazy or this truck doesn't have one. HELP!

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
The block heater is located above the starter in a freeze plug hole. Should be easy to see. You will have to crawl under the truck to see it.

Dave :)

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Block Heater element is probably there.. but.. you may have to Buy, or make up (cheaper) the cord. Most have the cord, Some don't.

Why Ford does this.. Only Ford knows. :dunno

For the new to a PSD owner.. this is a Seasonal SDD question..

Joe

TimberGhost

Buildin' It Up
Reaction score
I figured I would have to purchase the plug-in since I couldn't find it anywhere in or around the right tow hook assembly or grill. I purchased this truck used (I'm the 2nd owner) and for a while I was thinking maybe it was a transplant from a southern state and was not equipped with a block heater from factory. But then I remembered seeing the 2 plow harnesses zip tied in the front bumper. If the previous owner plowed with the truck...then it has to have a block heater. The garage even mentioned the freeze plug hole...but didn't see the block heater unit. I'm stumped...glad I didn't purchase the block heater cord off Ebay yet.

roger2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a hell of a time finding my plug in for the block heater, then the damn cord barily reached out the grill. I made a special cord to prevent the seeminly endless stream of cursing in minus degree weather.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58