block heater info:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Probably because you don't have a watt meter. I do and that is the only way I know how much power the heater uses. It is NOT in the service manuals, both DVD and printed. You are welcome...

Dave

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
you are right. i DO NOT have a watt meter. but what i meant was for 'someone' to go check it....

thanks again.

off topic: how do you like your 'desulphater'? looked at them at northern...looks like something i could use.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I really like the desulphator, but I would NOT buy anything from NORTHERN. I don' t trust those guys. There are other people who sell them. I got mine from Chubbydutchman on eBay. Do a search for him (seller).

Dave

Batcycle

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The block heater in my 2007 F350 draws 6.2 amps. I've checked it a few different times and it's always 6.2. This is with a true RMS fluke digital ammeter. Hope this is what you're looking for.
Jeff

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
That is about right, Bat. 120v X 6.2A = 744 watts. My block heater was measured , by me, at 925 watts using a watt meter. The heater is rated at 1000 watts. Give or take, it is with in a reasonable range. If you are still having starting problems I would consider taking it in and having a new heater installed.

Dave

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
guess the bottom line is i should go find me a 'watt meter' and do my own test so i would know for sure....perhaps it is faulty - as the factory cord went out a few years ago...:dunno

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14