Block heater

big bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its all good. No worries. Thanks for the help tho. Any help is appreciated. Thanks. Im just trying to figure out how hard this plug is to install and where to put it preferably without drilling a hole in my bumper.
u can route it with the other wiring bundle coming up from the left side. there's a place for it just above ur oil filter if i remember right, right in the block and u can route it out to the front bumper thru the opening and i kind of go up thru the tow hook and thats where i leave it. hope this helps. oh!! by the way if ur running rottela oil in ur truck u will notice that it runs real noisy. the rottela does not have enough anti foaming additives in it. if u have the 7.3, the hp oil pump runs the injectors. if u want a nice quiet eng., run either the delo 400, castrol gtx or the ford motorcraft 15w-40 that comes in a 5 qt. jug, u can find this at wally world. hope this helps u.:sweet

Last edited:

lomac9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
didnt know about the engines not coming w/ the cords wasted a bit of time looking but anyway Just ordered my cord off ebay thanks alot for the info. Quick question though, tomm morning its going to be around 10 degrees here. Does it hurt the engine at all with all that hell raising while the engine is warming up (b/c i dont have cord yet) when its that cold? new to the diesel appreciate the info

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14