block heater

nascar_fan28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, last week it was around 5 -10 degrees in the morning. i had my truck plugged in over night, well wed,thru,and friday it was turning over like i didnt plug it in, it started fine, but mainly cuz i just put 2 new fresh 850cc amp batteries in it motorcraft. well i was gonna try and put a new plug end on it, but one i have seems ok, i didnt know if their is a fuse for this or not. i looked in book and didnt see any fuses for it. i plugged it in just now, a few times and i could hear spark noise like it was making a connection and doing somthing. so i guess ill try it in the morning and see how she starts. most of the time when i have it plugged in, the gp light flashes on for just 4 or 5 secs

NJKen

Is a proud new daddy
Reaction score
You can check the resistance between the two flat blades on the plug if you have a decent multimeter. It should be somewhere between 15-30 Ohms if I remember correctly.
Ken

Todd Tumbleston

Tumblestone
Reaction score
WHat does it heat anyway?

So what does the block heater heat? Anybody know? Mine sparks when I plug it in and if left plugged in overnight starts right up I guess it doesn't heat the water though because the heater is cold? AND....I have to plug it in overnight. A couple of hours does not work!

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
It DOES heat the coolant. Leave it plugged in for three hours and your heater will blow warm air when you start it. It uses 1500 watts, so watch how long you leave it plugged in.

Dave

IHC Power

STOCK STROKE
Reaction score
You can leave it plugged in as long as you want, the T444E uses a 1000 watt heater and the heat transfer rate will just get the engine coolant warmer when plugged in longer. No worries you won't hurt anything.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You can leave it plugged in as long as you can afford it. I may be wrong on the wattage, it may be 1000 watts and not 2500 watts. Than is a Kilowatt hour every hour it is plugged in. Check your electric bill for your rate per kilowatt hour.

Dave

nascar_fan28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well it worked great today. so i dont know. i thought about getting a timer so it would just turn on for 30 mins before i go to work. i remember someone else doing this

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58