block heaters

hillbilly9978

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does my truck have a block heater on it im not sure and if it does where is it and how do i get to it to plug it in

97 f250 7.3l powerstroke

thanks

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
All Ford trucks have a block heater. It is above the starter in the block. The cord is usually found near the front of the truck. In your case I think it is wrapped up in front of the radiator just under the hood. Look for the 3 pin AC connector.

Dave :santa3

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
on mine it was down in the area below the driver's side headlight and it took me several tries to recognize it. It should have a plug cap on it so it wont just leap out at you when you see it.

addicted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not ALL Fords have them. I don't unfortunetly.

I swear I've looked 3 or 4 times. Maybe I just can't see the part of the block above the starter where it plugs in. Maybe I'll take a look outside in the dark with the flashlight like TX and look on the drivers side, but I've been down there once or twice and I'm not feeling lucky on this one.

If there is one though I will be in sweet sweet heaven. My truck was PO'ed at me the other morning when it was in the 20's. Add a little personification here....Sounded like it wanted to biotch slap me in the face for the first 5 minutes.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
OK, I will rephrase my answer. "All Ford trucks (diesel) have them when they leave the factory." If you don't have it... You don't have it.

Dave

AlaskaRedneK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, I will rephrase my answer. "All Ford trucks (diesel) have them when they leave the factory." If you don't have it... You don't have it.

Dave

IDK, mine didnt have one when we got it... Had to git one thrown on before we would buy it.

-Stouff

tubzz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All Ford trucks have a block heater. It is above the starter in the block. The cord is usually found near the front of the truck. In your case I think it is wrapped up in front of the radiator just under the hood. Look for the 3 pin AC connector.

Dave :santa3

it was a oppstion in 97 and both my 97's it is located above the oil filter at the oil cooler and not above the starter.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58