Blowing park light fuse.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Our X started blowing the park light fuse the other day. Is there any common places that short out or am I fixing to spend hours looking for the short? The first place I am going to look is in the wiring to the lighted visor since it was installed before I bought the rig. If it doesn't turn out to be in the visor is there anywhere else that would be a common spot? The fuse will last for a few days but then it will blow again. About the same time the fuses started blowing the remote start quit working. I am thinking that there may be a connection between the two problems since the remote start does turn on the park lights when the engine is running but I am not sure that the problems are related. Any thoughts?

It won't be dark again here for several months :sweet but I need to get it figured out before next fall..

Max Power

Reaction score
First place to look is anywhere that the park light wiring has been taped into.

The visor is a great place to start.

The remote start would be strong second. Most often remote start installers will tie into the park light wires right behind the park light switch. Pull the park light switch out and see what you find.

Probably the most common cause for tail light wiring problems is at the rear bumper especially if the truck sees lots of gravel roads. Peak your head under there and see if the wiring is all beat up. If you do mostly highway miles, this will likely not be the culprit.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Problem solved

It did turn out to be the visor. Where the wires came up the windshield post they rubbed on the bolt that holds the visor on. I like it when a potential nightmare turns out to be a nice dream :sweet

JOE M

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I would look at the aftermarket add-ons first also.The Baboon that did the remote start on my 99 Burb left my with flashing intetior lights on bumpy roads.I felt like I was at a disco.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg