Blowing white smoke

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
Mine was in for injector orings and had it out for about 3 days. The # 8 injector died and dumped a **** load of diesel and she started to run rough with knocking and white smoke. I ordered stage 1 injectors from Beans that should be here this morning. I overnighted my dp tuner to Jody to program for the new injectors. I hope this will fix my problems. I have spent about $7000 in the last 2 weeks on the old girl.:eek: Injectors and trans build. Ill keep you guys posted.

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
About 20 minutes before I had the rough running and the white smoke and getting stuck on the side of the road i got these codes.

P1280
p0733
p1247
p1211

I had a transmission rebuilt and the injector orings replaced 3 days before this. The truck ran good with a full tank of gas. With the tank half full rans like crap( no power and knocking and felt like it was missing. I have the ITP 7.3L Fuel Tank / Pre-Pump Kit and think the pick up tube may have come loose.

PLEASE HELP with these codes. I have not been able to work for about 3 weeks!

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
About 20 minutes before I had the rough running and the white smoke and getting stuck on the side of the road i got these codes.

P1280
p0733
p1247
p1211

I had a transmission rebuilt and the injector orings replaced 3 days before this. The truck ran good with a full tank of gas. With the tank half full rans like crap( no power and knocking and felt like it was missing. I have the ITP 7.3L Fuel Tank / Pre-Pump Kit and think the pick up tube may have come loose.

PLEASE HELP with these codes. I have not been able to work for about 3 weeks!

P1280
ICP sensor out of range--low, code stored in the computer. This may be due to a loose ICP sensor connector. To test, clear all codes, start the engine and wiggle the harness near the ICP sensor. If the check engine light comes on and/or the P1280 reappears, disconnect the ICP sesnor connector and inspect the terminals to see if they are bent or corroded. If there is no apparent damage, the connector terminals may fit too loosely on the sensor terminals. Adjust the harness terminals smaller to provide better contact. If this does not correct the concern, remove the terminals from the connector to inspect for poor wire crimp

P1247
Turbo Boost Pressure Low.

P1211
ICP pressure above or below expected. This may be due to the high pressure oil pump. To test the engine needs to be warmed up to operating temperature (engine oil temp above 170 degrees). Perform a hard acceleration while monitoring ICP and IPR data. The IPR duty cycle should not excede 50%. A lower than normal ICP reading or higher than normal IPR reading may indicate oil leakage in the head. Each head should be isolated and the high oil pressure checked in each, looking for an imbalance in pressure. If the pressure in the heads are the same and the IPR duty cycle is above 55% under load, and the ICP pressure builds slowly while cranking, replace the HP oil pump.

P0733
Gear 3 Incorrect ratio.

I'm thinking your 1280 and 1211 are causing the 1247 (low boost). The 0733 might be a left over code from your recent tranny work. Looks to me like you need to look into the ICP circuit though. Clear all the codes and see which ones return.

jamesp4

Rookie
Reaction score
Got my truck back today. One of my injector was dumping fuel. Had the injectors rebuild and all new o-rings put in. No more white smoke.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58