Blown Head Gasket???

quackkilla76

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i have a 2006 F-250 with 98k miles luckly... i have just dropped the truck off at the dealership for what i hope is going to be warranty work.. about 4 days ago my truck started to just poor white smoke i know that that cant be good i figured blown head gasket....any clue was i right with the head gaskets or could it be something else.

thanks also this is a great site..

Quackkilla out

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
i have a 2006 F-250 with 98k miles luckly... i have just dropped the truck off at the dealership for what i hope is going to be warranty work.. about 4 days ago my truck started to just poor white smoke i know that that cant be good i figured blown head gasket....any clue was i right with the head gaskets or could it be something else.

thanks also this is a great site..

Quackkilla out

Could very well be. Was there a decrease of coolant level in the reservoir tank?

I had a similar situation last summer when pulling my camper uphill in O/D. After the egine cooled down, the exhibited symptoms stopped. I'm looking at doing a "rust free" oil pan & head studs in the near future when the family social calendar calms down. I went head stud shopping and found the best price at DFUSER.

FWIW I've heard of folks that had blown 6.0 head gaskets but were still under warranty. They bought head studs and the dealer installed them for free as part of the head gasket job.

quackkilla76

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
thanks man....

yea the coolent tank was bone dry and i had filled it up mabe 2 weeks ago....and it was pouring white smoke like there is no tomarrow....and just did not have the get up and go that it used to have....but i guess better to have stuff go wrong now than later...

quackkilla76

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
nope not good at all....that is why im glad i still had some warranty left on it.... what is typical repair time on a head gasket i have replaced them on diesel engines on boats before but never have i had to have it done to a truck....

quackkilla76

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
well guys the shop just called and the truck was done and it had bad injectors and a the EGR cooler was bombed.....but the heads were fine and passed 2 compression checks. they did 2 casued i asked them to do another just to be sure.... thanks for all the help guys

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
glad to hear it worked out and you're only out a little since it was hopefully warranty work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14