blue smoke on start up

tony4380

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
hey guys... another paranoid 6.0 owner here...

so i got the truck back in january 2007 with 20k miles on it... its a june 05 model and it runs like a champ and get roughly 15-16 mpg

ive given her regular oil changes 15w 40 using motorcraft oil filters every 5k miles.

so now that its getting cold down here in georgia... 30* nights and mornings.... ive noticed she smokes a little for the first 10-15 seconds. its a real light smoke and once its been driven theres no smoke....

does anybody have any ideas as to what it may be??

i suspect it could be the turbo seals... im only at 33k miles right now.... is it just because the seals are cold and expand when warm and not leak??

any insight is helpful... thanks. also... next oil change is at 35k miles..... ill do a oil analysis... any ideas as to who to send to??

architect-builder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine has done that since the first oil change. Rachel's does that now from time to time. Had mine in several times for it. Seems to be normal for some. Don't stress too much about it, I have done that for 4 years for you.

Barrett

tony4380

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
thanks guys... ive asked a couple folks that come into advance about their trucks ... alot said its normal on cold startup

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14