blue smoke

nascar_fan28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well was sick of see all the smoke at start up... took it in... they say its normal its just unburn't fuel....? this was better reason, then last dealership, because they gave reason... sounds like it could be true.. lol

DiscountPowerParts

SUPPORTING VENDOR
Reaction score
My 2005 doest it, but its always on street performance tune. Its a kinda white haze...not really a cloud. I dont remember is it does it at stock or not. My partner Larry's Excursion 7.3L 2000 has a slight haze to it as well. It really is a common diesel trait. I own a small trucking company and they all do the same thing. I wouldnt worry about it unless people passing by are dropping over dead lol.

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
nascar fan28-
i too have the blue smoke issue and it is in shop today, i will let you know what their response is, amid its other issues...

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
my truck still is in the shop, but i have their answer to my blue smoke issue!
it is perfectly normal, just use some of the cetane booster we sell in our shop.:eek: their deduction is that it could be the oil, it could be the fuel or both...

nascar_fan28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah neighbor just showed me that stuff.. he said his turbo was stickin so they gave him that... i might try some of it... cant hurt i guess, i was thinking maybe its whatever fuel companies put in diesel to keep from jellin up in winter... because summer time... i dont think it does it.... its still doing it now.. and its in 80s.. so i know tempature isnt doing it.. but thanks for help

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
yup, mine has done it every morn. since 9/03- hot or cold days. i too will give it a shot along w/ the input of the new recall program and see what it does.

haulin8or

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have never noticed it out of mine. Kinda hard to see in a X though. I am going to make it a point to look in the mirror at the pipe when I crank 'er up from now on. :burnit

JSPulliam21

Uva Uvam Vivendo Vari Fit
Reaction score
My 97 used to look like we were fogging for mosquitos when it was below about 50 degrees, but it lessened as the temps rose. It always would smoke upon start up, though.

HornetOne

Diesel ,Jet Fuel Addicted
Reaction score
My 05 F350 does that too , usually when the temp- changes to a little colder when you first started in the morning .But once it's warms up everything's fine .
Sonny !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl