Blue turbo hose

798er

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Is there any good replacement for this hose that connects to the turbo. I seem to blow this out once a yr or more. I think the bit of oil in the system causes this but not sure it gets cracked then blows. Have looked around a little but have not come across anything. I can't think I would be the only one with this prob. Any ideas would be great.

Thanks

Redrig

Rig Monkey...
Reaction score
I have had this problem in the past, not splitting though, just blowing off…cleaned the oil off and tightened the clamps a little better, and have not had any problems since…

as for an after market replacement…I have never seen any, other than the ones that come with a complete system. Such as the banks one..

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
HERE is the only replacement turbo hose that I have found.

One of our sponsers, DIESELSITE.COM just came out with this one this year.

It is a little pricey, but the OEM one is around 50 to 75 bucks.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there any good replacement for this hose that connects to the turbo. I seem to blow this out once a yr or more. I think the bit of oil in the system causes this but not sure it gets cracked then blows. Have looked around a little but have not come across anything. I can't think I would be the only one with this prob. Any ideas would be great.

Thanks

When you clean'm up.. or replace'm, use a little Windex to clean or prep'm, then use a little Hair Spray as a Tack type adhesive. After 2-3 warm-up/cool downs.. re-tighten the clamps a 1/4 turn, or so.

JMO and Yer call, but.. if you replace one boot ? Replace them All. Murphy's law will apply here: If you replace a weak Link ?.. the other Links are soon to fail.

Joe

798er

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I have yet replaced any but the top one, it's not that it blows off it blows apart. The first time it happend it did come off, clean up well and that works but now they split. The others seem to be ok but i'm sure time will take it's toll. I will check out that site. Prob be worth getting the whole kit and changing them out.

Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14