Blueheat diesel heater

Jetpilot1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had the Webasto installed last week. Nice install, but the unit is placed right behind the right front bumper, in front of the wheel. This is too open for our winter conditions (slush, snow) and would just pack up the unit. So I fabbed up a thick sheet of rubber to cover the opening so it is covered up and protected from all the muck of winter. I've started it a few times in the morning, just to see how it works (32F or so). Louder than I thought it would be, sounds like a mini jet engine - cool! There is no doubt this unit makes heat, should make for toasty start ups.

Silver6.0

Drinkin Diesel
Reaction score
We run webasto's on our deck engines for oil field equipment at work, usually they are on v-10's v-12's cat and cummins, dang that thing might be overkill for your pick up! guess it could be a smaller model. ive only seen the big units, we run espar heaters on the smaller engines but if this one works for ya then glad to hear it!

7.3turbodiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing that this blueheat diesel heater is a circulating block heater. How much did it cost for the unit? How quick does it heat up your truck from being cold?

Jetpilot1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
webasto

Yes the Webasto is a circulating heater fueled by diesel. I have only tried it at 0 C or so, but at the standard 30 minutes, the engine is very warm, blowing hot air immediately on start. I have no doubt the heater will have no problem with a northern Alberta winter.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Jet, What did that thing cost if you dont mind me asking.

Jetpilot1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
webasto

about 2G's installed, but at -45 I see it as more of a must have than a nice to have for reliability and longevity for the 6.0.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14