Bombing's in London

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Maybe so, but in your first post all you said was "leave them alone and hope they starve to death". You made no mention of developing new fuels and creating jobs. But that is still living in a fantasy world IMHO, we have to deal with the here and now. Wouldnt it be great if we could burn water in our internal combustion engines and not worry about petroleum based fuels any longer............ yup it sure would, and some day we might be able to do so, but here and now we are a petroleum based world and we cannot discount that these attacks will continue to happen. We and our allies WILL be the targets, you can damn well bet that Germany and France arent on the hit list.

Mobeydick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
95: You didn't read it very well I said "They say the same things about us. Best thing to do is leave these "people" alone and let them starve to death!!"

LET them starve to death

As for living in the here and now we are not even comming close to that now 500 billion in war debts postponed for your children ( I don't have any ) at 7% intrest. Thats living in the here and now!!

If, at the start of the first Gulf War we would have imposed a .01 cent per gal per month tax on Terrorism on all fuel made from petroloum the next genoration of fuel would already be on the market. We don't have any leadership in Washington or this would have already been done!! I would rather pay $20.00 a gal. for diesel than give another penny to an Arab. I drive 1,200 miles a week.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
This saddens me. We have a thread going about our closest ally being attacked and innocent citizens being killed, and we have another thread going about Ford Family pricing and yet another going titled "whats going on here" and these threads are boiling the worlds problems down to the price of fuel. Truely, it saddens me that folks cannot see beyond their own pocket book to say something nice about one of our allies.

Keep this thread on topic and about the London attacks or your posts will be removed or the thread will be closed.

Mike

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Mobeydick said:
Actually Stroker I think you are the one who took it slightly off topic.

Maybe next time you will listen to me, last warning for you to keep this on topic.

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stroker is right...
Let's stop with the he said, she said....

we are forgetting,
it's NOT about us...
it's about them
and if 40 people died that means there's 40 to 100 FAMILIES impacted...
they were probably Mom's, Dad's, Kids, Husband's, Brother's, Sister's , cousin's, neices, nephews....

and they ALL had names....
JUST like the "people" in New York....
they weren't just "people" to some....
think if it were your _______ (insert operative word from my list earlier) !!!!!!!!!!!!

Would you be forgetting 9-11 already ?

i think it's time to redisplay some of those images,
because many have forgotten too fast....
and it's no longer personal !!!

http://www.twin-towers.net/tt_video.htm

Last edited:

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
London Attacks

JohnBoyToo said:
Stroker is right...
Let's stop with the he said, she said....

we are forgetting,
it's NOT about us...
it's about them
and if 40 people died that means there's 40 to 100 FAMILIES impacted...
they were probably Mom's, Dad's, Kids, Husband's, Brother's, Sister's , cousin's, neices, nephews....

and they ALL had names....
JUST like the "people" in New York....
they weren't just "people" to some....
think if it were your _______ (insert operative word from my list earlier) !!!!!!!!!!!!

Very well said.

We tend to throw these, and other, incidents of Blind, Sick, Misguided attacks, out of our minds.

WE MUST NEVER FORGET......

Move on.... but NEVER FORGET

I (We) lost 3 close friends in the Pentagon attack.

Nuf said.

JOE

epin

Reaction score
BIG JOE said:
WE MUST NEVER FORGET......

Move on.... but NEVER FORGET

I (We) lost 3 close friends in the Pentagon attack.

Nuf said.

JOE

good point Joe. I didn't lose any friends in the attacks but spent a year watching them dig the bodies out. I snapped a few pictures from our apt. in NY. glad to see the brits right back to work.

ArlieEdwards

Arlie
Reaction score
The London bombings occurred on the anniversary of a riot near Leeds in Britain. Interestingly, those riots were by Pakistani Muslims and resulted in the injury of 320 police officers and $10 Million in property damage. That was 3 months before the September 11 WTC attacks in New York. With 320 police officers injured and $10 Million in property damage, that was a major riot. Any one remember seeing that in the papers here about that time? Neither did I. Scotland Yard took very little time in discovering not only who the bombers were, but where they live in Leeds. Do you suppose that this was not the result of national terrorism at all, but home grown terrorists resulting from the predominantly Pakastani Muslim population in and near Leeds? Do you think that Scotland Yard identified these guys so quickly because they already knew who they were and had an idea about how dangerous they were? It looks like to me that this may not be the work of international terrorists at all, and if that is true, it might be another confirmation that president Bush's foreign policy in the Middle East is the correct action after all. Do you think we are really keeping Al Qaida so off balance that they don't have the ability to formulate a really sophisticated attack. In light of the lack of sophistication, these bombings are pretty benign. If a person is willing to blow himself up in an attack, there is little we can do about it, but that type attack is pretty limited in its capabilities. With some thought and planning, a well co-ordinated attack could use weapons grade Anthrax and kill an estimated 300,000 or 400,000 people. From the initial findings, these attacks seem to confirm the need to continue with our present policy in the Middle East. It appears that this London thing might merely be a home grown terrorist attack.

Arlie

Snowman269

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really don't have words to express how sad I am for those who lost loved ones in the attacks. My prayers are with them and our soldiers.

We must bring these terrorists to justice! If they want death, lets help them get there faster.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14