Boost fooler

Suprminer

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Im installing a dp tuner today and that was another question I had. Do I need one. Plan on ordering a GT38R soon, unless someone talks me into something better:dunno. Who makes a regulator type other than diesel site.

Last edited:

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im installing a dp tuner today and that was another question I had. Do I need one. Plan on ordering a GT38R soon, unless someone talks me into something better:dunno. Who makes a regulator type other than diesel site.

Yes, yul need one. To get the full potential from any Tuner and any other Turbo related mod's, yul need a boost relief valve of some sort, to keep from setting codes, and the PCM going to power robbing modes.

Which one, and from Who (?) is simply Your Choice. They all operate on the same pressure relief principle, with the same (regulated) result.

I've had the BPRV from dieselsite, for 9 years now. It's served me well.

Never had a GT38R, but haven't read or heard any negative Post about one either.

:dunno

Suprminer

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Installed dp chip today and seems great other than no power after half throttle on 100hp and quarter on 140. I assume and hope it is a result of the defueling and will go away when I install the boost fooler. Another thing is it seems to downshift out of the blue and at a pretty high rpm, is this normal:confused:Thanks for everyone pushing the dp chip, great product and service.

silverF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the cheapest boost fooler out there is this 4.7 diode since it's the cheapest and easiest to me it's the best.

The 38R is a good turbo they flow enough air for 450+ and one guy with slightly ported heads is getting 520 out of his.

Last edited:

dieseldork

dieseldork
Reaction score
After my new TS chip intall, I had it on the 100hp setting and hammered the throttle and the SES light came on, put back to stock setting and after a minute the SES turned off, is this normal? should I get a boost fooler?, The thing is, I was watching the tires broil, and the black smoke pouring out the exhaust and did not see what the boost was at, or egt for that matter....Is 25 lbs when the light pops on? . and do I need to clear codes after this happens? not showing any lights now....

silverF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes it's normal. If you don't plan on getting custom tunes then yes i'd get a boost fooler. Don't need to clear any codes it's a soft code.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58