Boost number?

Springbubba

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Im just getting used to my new Edge Evo Programmer w/display. :sweet I am running on the 100hp setting. The highest boost number I have seen is 18, with no load. I have seen on the forums here somewhere that you could see 22 or 25. What is the best way to test the max boost the turbo will make? :confused: Towing a load? (Then I wouldn't be on the 100hp setting) When I saw 18, I was going up a freeway on-ramp.

Thanks for the input in advance!
Del

Got Diesel

Engineering College Boy
Reaction score
You should be seeing higher than that. There are a couple of things to check. Make sure you don't have any kinks in the boost tubing, this will cause the boost to rise slowly and you may not be able to see it reach full boost before you get there. The other thing is you have a boost leak somewhere. Most likely an intercooler boot. Check all the clamps. You may also have an uppipe leaking. Look for soot on the firewall or on the up-pipes themselves. Kyle

dpantazis

Reaction score
make up a tap to pressurize the intake system to check for leaks.

my low boost saga ended after i checked and dbl and tpl checked all my boots and pipe when i changed the MAP sensor out. now i get 25+ WOT

dennis

WhiteWheelin

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
ya my truck gets up to about 25 -26 when im on the pedal hard but i cant remember if that is with my chip on the extra 75HP setting or not. u definately need to take a look at why it isnt reaching a high number.

Springbubba

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info. :thanks I will let you know when I find the leak.

Race22

Jim
Reaction score
Yea you should be seeing more boost than that. I run my wastgate line disconnected and when I am in the extream position on my chip, I see about 32#s of boost max.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg