Boost Problem Solved.

Got Diesel

Engineering College Boy
Reaction score
That's right got it fixed, for now. Just got done with the test drive, I didn't know that's what my truck was supposed to feel like. The problem was the drivers side intake going into the head, the bottom clamp of the boot that goes from this to the intake plenum, and so loose I could move it side to side, and make it do a dance. Someone forgot to tighten it back up. The truck has sounded the same way since I bought it. Always hissed thought it was the whine of the early 99' nope it was a boost leak. The thing was that the truck never seemed down on power. I just didn't know what I was missing. Damn that thing will really run now. Thanks to all who helped me figure this out. :thanks The new boost number is what it should be, 22-23.5psi. Hopefully this will maybe add a little mpg, theoretically it should. Thanks again to all.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
well cool... :burnit

I'm still not enthused with your EBP number though... :dunno

Got Diesel

Engineering College Boy
Reaction score
Ya that number is because of the EBP tube and sensor being plum full of soot. Took that off last night too. It is full, just haven't figured out how exactly to clean that yet. Probably a drill and coat hanger.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58