BOOST #'s

05-lly

Diesel Junkie
Reaction score
What is stock boost for a early 04 6.0 and how can u go about getting more boost?

Thanx,
Caleb

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I see 30# on my 2004 truck. You will have to be a programmer to fool the ECM (Engine Control Module) to providing more boost. You have many other things that come into play with sky high boost. Your head gaskets, for example.

Dave

05-lly

Diesel Junkie
Reaction score
Thanx, so really there is no benifit to raising boost on the 6.0 other than maybe a blowed up turbo, i just thought that maybe ford caped the boost signal like gm dose at 22-24 psi.i know the vvt on the d-max becomes very ineficiant above 32psi!!!!

Thanx,
Caleb

TexasExcursion

GOD Bless America!
Reaction score
05-lly said:
Thanx, so really there is no benifit to raising boost on the 6.0 other than maybe a blowed up turbo,

Not really. I've heard that Ford tests the turbo up to 40#, but I can't back that up with any data. Plenty of guys will probably post up here and let you know what boost numbers they're getting with their programmers and chips, even if you are driving a d-max:roflmao -popcorn

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
I've seen 33 before, but i let go if i see above 30, i hear a little *bleep bleep bleep* from the edge and i go dowwwn

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
TexasExcursion said:
Not really. I've heard that Ford tests the turbo up to 40#, but I can't back that up with any data. Plenty of guys will probably post up here and let you know what boost numbers they're getting with their programmers and chips, even if you are driving a d-max:roflmao -popcorn

in florida in an 04 6.0 on a chip i saw the driver hit 35-maybe 40 ish.

needle was going crazy bouncing around through the stall.
this poor engine didnt even make it 6k miles before he was trying to get ford to pay for it.
bed plate cracked, and head gaskets.
yep he was a vendor for a perfomance chip company

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
Jeez, i'd hate to hate that happen

Like I said, I usually don't pump mine up that high, but I probably had the music up a little too loud so I couldn't hear the *bleeps*

bulls eye

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
boost hose

I am new to this forem so bear with me.
I just bought a 2004 ford super duty 1/2 ton with a 6.0 L. power plant. First time out on the road pulling a 12,000 load the hose on the hot side of the turbo charger hose blew off at the intake manifold. I put it back on 4 times and it just keep blowing off. I had it towed to ford and they put on a new hose and clamps and told me if it blows off you must put it back on with a new hose and clamps because of it gets any oil on it it wont stay on.
So far so good up to now. Any body had any trouble keeping the hose on? The dealer seamed to know all about it because he says many trucks had been towed in to him with the same problem.

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
bulls eye said:
I am new to this forem so bear with me.
I just bought a 2004 ford super duty 1/2 ton with a 6.0 L. power plant. First time out on the road pulling a 12,000 load the hose on the hot side of the turbo charger hose blew off at the intake manifold. I put it back on 4 times and it just keep blowing off. I had it towed to ford and they put on a new hose and clamps and told me if it blows off you must put it back on with a new hose and clamps because of it gets any oil on it it wont stay on.
So far so good up to now. Any body had any trouble keeping the hose on? The dealer seamed to know all about it because he says many trucks had been towed in to him with the same problem.
sorry I can't answer your question, but don't you mean 3/4 or 1 ton?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14