Bought a used 08 Fx4 with 38,000 miles

Big Grouper

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey Forum,

I used you to decide on this truck. Bought it for $31k. Didn't have a scratch on it and clean as new. I love this truck. Runs great. It has a keyless entry but I don't have the factory code. All I can use it for is to lock the truck by pushing the last two numbers! I heard there is a sticker somewhere in the truck that has the factory password for that truck. Anybody know where they put ir on my model??? Keep up the great posts!

JRJ04

Reaction score
check on the driver's side door where the latch is or along the driver's side door jamb near the sticker that has your VIN/tire pressure OR on the driver's side door jamb near where the hinge for the door is.

good luck!

Big Grouper

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Still looking

I looked where you suggested but no luck finding a "sticker". I did find on the bottom of the 1/2 doors a number stamped into the steel. It starts with SC and then followed by 5 numbers. I tried it but didn't get a result. Maybe I did it wrong or maybe it isn't it. SC seemed promising, Security Code???? But it didn't seem like something they would stamp into the door so I doubt that's it.

Any thoughts???

Thanks for the help!

Smoky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Forum,

I used you to decide on this truck. Bought it for $31k. Didn't have a scratch on it and clean as new. I love this truck. Runs great. It has a keyless entry but I don't have the factory code. All I can use it for is to lock the truck by pushing the last two numbers! I heard there is a sticker somewhere in the truck that has the factory password for that truck. Anybody know where they put ir on my model??? Keep up the great posts!

I believe after about 05 or 06 Ford quit putting the codes on the vehicles as too many people (thieves) knew where the codes were etc... You, now as far as I know, have to carry it to the stealership to have them look it up for you. That equates to about a $25 to $50 charge.They use to be on the bottom of the factory radio backwards to your being able to read it. See if you can check with the previous owner for the code.

You can also buy a new Keypad for about $71 from the parts guy and start over.

check on the driver's side door where the latch is or along the driver's side door jamb near the sticker that has your VIN/tire pressure OR on the driver's side door jamb near where the hinge for the door is.

Never have heard of them posting the code where someone might catch a glimpse of the code easily. In cars they were posted in the trunk in an inconspicuous location or near the firewall on the hood.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Security code

You can go to any Ford dealer with the Vin#.. they can get it for you.

They will probably want Proof of Ownership papers though. (I would hope;))

A good dealer might even have someone (a mech/tech) that would know, by model year, where it's located.. on the truck

Joe

Doubled with Smokey but the Ownership/Registration papers is a point to concider.

Last edited:

Big Grouper

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
OK Thanks Smokey. I appreciate all of your help. What you are saying makes sense. I give in and pay the stealership. I must say though, I have driven Fords since my first one back in 1975 when I got a 1965 short wheel base with a 300 six and a four speed. Mean truck! I drove that truck to hell and back, TWICE! I've had five others over the years and loved em all. THis is my first diesel four wheel drive. I am addicted to the torque already! Don't know what she'll do offroad. I'm kind of worried about the massive weight but man she will pull a load!

Thanks again fellas

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
The torque that the diesel motor outs out will more than make up for the added weight! You will be amazed!

Dave:)

Badassfx4

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Just went through the same thing with my truck, The truck needs to go to some one who can plug the truck into the computer and read it that way. That is the only way to get it no way to check the vin for it. My father owns a diesel repair shop and has the ford scanner so I had him do it for me.

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I crawl all over the beaches my gasser had to motor thru

congrats .. did u post a pic?

Last edited:

Big Grouper

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Did your truck do ok in the sand with the stock rubber? My Continentals have too much tread to throw away. I am going to put 33" x 12.5" on when its time. I run the Texas beaches alot. Just got rid of a 07 4wd Fj Cruiser (the ultimate beach buggy). I've drug more big 4x4's out with that thing!! I had to twist um out though. She just couldn't do it straight on. One day at the beach, I pulled out a Z71 laying on the frame who got stuck trying to pull out a lofted F150 which was laying on the frame. The tide was coming in and they were desperate. My little Fj got em both out (one at a time of course). Great beach buggy but sucked for everything else. has to get back to my ford trucks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58