Bought a used 08 Fx4 with 38,000 miles

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never had stockers on mine I have 35x18x12ish ,, I bought it used ,, My old chebby did bad with stockers but that because it was so low it would get stuck on the frame rails ( the same week I bought it lol ) so I don't know how you would fair having twice the truck but the skinny tires?

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Knock on wood...... I have never gotten stuck on any beachs with my truck and I have 35 X 13.50. Alot of it is the size of your shoes.

Big Grouper

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Ya, being a tight wad like I am, I think I'll just keep her out of the soft stuff until I wear a little more off the stock tires. My F150 was marginal in the sand until I put some 12.5 x 33's on her. Then she did good. Fj still would kick her butt though (in the sand)!

JRJ04

Reaction score
I'm sure you have already done this...but did you check the owner's manual? In that little zipper book thing that it comes in, there used to be a card that had the code on it.

As far as your tires go...I think the stock ones on yours are like 275's right? I run on Matagorda Beach with my truck all the time...There was one time that I got stuck, and it was my own fault because I was trying to push it and go through something that would have given a jeep a run for its money. I had 265/75/16 on there as stock and when they wore out, i went up to 285/75/16. That bigger size def helped, but if you are really in a pinch, just let the air down to around 25 lbs to help spread your load out.

All that being said...your stock tires will get the job done, but bigger will always be bette. Your truck should be a tad lighter than mine, and you def have much more power stock than I did so I would go for it.

Big Grouper

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Cool! I grew up in Bay City. Graduated from Bay City high school in 1975. I have been up and down Matagorda 1000 times in my life. My truck has 275 70 18's on it. From what you are saying, I shouldn't worry then. Thanks man!

That's a geat Beach!!!!!!

JRJ04

Reaction score
yep, my grandparents/family have been going down there for 40+ years. Its one of the few beaches left in TX where you can still drive on it, and actually do some 4wheeling. the ones in galveston and south padre are too maintained!!!

Big Grouper

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
If you head east on I10 to winnie, run down to High Island and turn left, that's old 87. Died during a storm 20 years ago. Mean beach!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58