'Bout time I got a modern truck . . .

mrwBronco

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey all, finally sold my '78 F-250 and got a '99 F-350 Crew Cab 4x4 7.3L with the 6 Speed. Been looking for a 7.3/6 speed for a while up by me but even with over 200K on them they still were fetching a good bit over $20K. Found one on Craigslist in Houston and flew down to get her two weeks ago. 2000 mile trip home and she ran like a dream. Got 15-18 MPG running 75-85 MPH, when I backed her down to 65-70 I got 22 MPG.

Really pleased with the truck so far, although I found out about the door ajar light issue . . .

beer2.gif

locopny

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Welcome.
Sounds like a nice truck....to match your other toys.

mrwBronco

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome guys. Work, kids and wife don't give me much time to get on here, but here's some pic's. Obviously those were taken in Houston and not up here! Truck is still running awesome, so much so I got my first ticket in 17 years and had to talk my way out of temporary Texas tags in Massatwo****s.

WD40 worked like a champ on the interior lights/door ajar light. Looks like I'll be upgrading my mirrors next since while I was stopped someone was kind enough to get too close and remove the drivers side and then leave in a hurry. Took a recommendation from here about Auto Parts Warehouse and got the '03 mirror w/ heat, power and signal lights. When that came it had a small crack but I paid for and wanted new - called them for an RMA and they just refunded my money and told me to throw it out! Yeah, so I glued it, bolted it on and bought the mirror for the other side with the refund money, wound up with both mirrors for about $125-! Now to find that plastic switch panel with the mirror switch in it and run some wires.

driver%20side%206.jpg

pass%20side%209.jpg

engine%204.jpg

interior%2013.jpg

mrwBronco

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, happy Christmas everyone, or whatever flavor you celebrate.
2010-HoHoHo.jpg

campfire.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58