Brake controller wiring

nswsparky

All my stuff
Reaction score
Ok I have searched all over this site and could not find anything on the matter. I have found the plug under the dash for the brake controller hookup I got the pigtail and a new brake controller but when I hooked it up no lights. I have found some information that there are some fuses that need to be installed and a relay or two that need to be put in but i can't find anything specific anywhere.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
oh, lemme see... there is a relay block below the radio in the dash.. a couple of relays go in there.. another at the underhood PDC.. couple go there.. and yeah, I think you have to add fuses to the PDC under the hood..
I'll see if I can find my instructions (I have the factory literature) and scan & post..

nswsparky

All my stuff
Reaction score
I found the ones I need they are under the hood There is like 3 maxi fuses, one for the controller, one for the trailer reverse lights and one for the charging circuit for the breakaway. I moved the blower motor fuse to the brake controller slot and the controller lit up. I dident see any in the under dash panel that had anything to do with the trailer wiring. I did find the plug attached to the distribution block under the radio.

Last edited:

nswsparky

All my stuff
Reaction score
Ok there are 2 maxi fuses that need to go under the hood. One is for the controller and the other one is for the breakaway charging circut. And there was a little box to the left of the main underhood fuse box that has 2 relay spots that need relays one is for the breakaway charging circuit and the other is for the trailer reverse lights.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14