Brake dragging?

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
So I recently replaced my brakes and rotors with parts from frozen rotors. Today, I noticed a smell coming from my truck right before I got it home. I also noticed before the smell, it was pulling to the left. And when I braked, also pulling to the Left. I think I may have a brake dragging. I have heard about the caliper slide pins freezing, but when I replaced my brakes and rotors, none of them were frozen and appeared to be in good shape. I have the truck jacked up now with the wheel removed and didn't find anything apparent. Do you guys know what might be going on here?

Last edited:

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
I just took the caliper off and had my buddy press on the brake slowly while I watched the pistons. Only the piston closest to the fluid inlet came out. The other one did not move. Does this indicate any type of malfunction?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
If the pedal is not spongy, you have a frozen piston. They can and will freeze in the cylinders of the caliber. Replace that caliper with new, or rebuilt.

Dave

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
Ok. Thanks daveben. I figured something wasnt right there. Just did a price check here in town and oriellys had the best price at $56 with a lifetime warranty. I usually like to go with fomoco when i can, but i need it now and it comes with a lifetime warranty.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg