Brake Job

Hoss 350

My GSP, Dutch
Reaction score
Hey guys!
Time to do a brake job on the beast. Front and rear, getting the rotors turned, too.

Anyone have any hints or experience that might help? Special tools? Something that gave you fits until you finally figured out how it worked? Thanks in advance!

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Don't be suprised if they won't turn those rotors. My 99.5 were under spec when I did them earlier this year. If you have to buy replacement rotors get a good set........you get what you pay for.

Grease the slides good.........

Depress both caliper pistons at the same time before reinstalling caliper on the rotor.

Tbar

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Don't let the calipers hang by the brake hose. That can damage the hose and cause a brake pull to one side or the other. Always support the weight of the caliper with something like a jack stand, a wire hook, etc.

Sleeper Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what would be a good rotor and pad combination. i do alot of city driving and commuting, also thinking about a doing a brreak job. rotors are wapred and pads squeal. was thinking about EBC pads and rotors

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I am officially staying the hell out of this thread, as of now.

Shut up, John...
Shut up
Shut up

Shut up
S T F U!

Scot

;()
Reaction score
Don't be suprised if they won't turn those rotors. My 99.5 were under spec when I did them earlier this year. If you have to buy replacement rotors get a good set........you get what you pay for.

Grease the slides good.........

Depress both caliper pistons at the same time before reinstalling caliper on the rotor.

Tbar

Ditto:

I opted for the cheapo's on my 03 and they warped almost instantly. thankfully I was selling the truck anyway so I didn't have to deal with it for long.

colotow

Just playin' in the sand
Reaction score
interesting-

any thoughts from them that has done?

i'm also planning to do brakes when i put on the freespin kit, i looked at ssbc, but $1780+ is a bit steep for just the fronts.

i'd like to upgrade, had planned to replace pads and rotors outright anyhow, and i and probably a few others would like to know what parts to avoid

dfuser

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You need to upgrade to the Powerslot rotors and Hawk pads. Once you do that you will never go back to the factory setup or any chepo replacement.

I can honestly say my truck stops like a sports car.

http://www.dfuser.com/catalog/powerslot.php

Feel free to call me and I'll explain in more details.

Bill

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14