Brake light

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
On a E-450 the brake light stays on all the time. If you take the wire off the switch and ground it, it makes no difference. The AIC kicks on every time you put it in park. The cruise control does't work ether. Any ideas?

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
I would inspect the factory wiring bundles under the dash, and possibly thru the firewall. It almost sounds like there is something METAL that has rubbed thru the insulation and is connecting the circuits. This has happened to me on my nova.

f100cleveland

Reaction score
It does't have any kind of trailier harness but it has a handycap lift that somehow is tyed into the neutral safey switch.

f100cleveland

Reaction score
Found it. Added 1/4 inch of fluid to the master cylinder and the light went out. It didn't tell us to look for that in the trouble shooting guide.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Glad you fixed it. I was for some reason thinking you were talking about the brake lights on the back of the rig not the bake light in the dash. There are a whole different set of things to check if that light is on rather than the brake lights. Thats a big DUH on my part, you said brake light not lights.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg