Help Needed brake pedal sticking down

jherman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My steering was locking up when centered so driving straight was making me look drunk, so a week ago i put a redhead steering gear in $455.00, after that i heard a groaning noise when i would turn so i assumed the pump was bad. I replaced that today and after i started it i pushed on the brake to put it in gear and the brake pedal stayed locked on the floor until i turned the truck off then it came back up, at the same time that happened fluid was some how forced out of the pressure lines on the steering box, even though they were tight. The pressure lines are installed like transmission lines you can move them around but when they sense pressure they seal themselves. ( I guessed on the sealing part but thats what i think happened). Anyway now when i drive it the brake pedal seems to be stuck up when i go to apply it. once i break through the trouble spot it seems to work okay again. Do these things need to be bled could the hydroboost be bad, i just had it put in by ford 15 months ago. I need to get this thing moving by tomorrow i didnt think it would be such an issue, please help!!!!

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you bleed it by jacking the front end off the ground and turning back and forth lock to lock a handfull of times

there is no way your box puked out a line IMHO they are plain old sealed not pressure sealed
it probably spit from the resevoir? and landed on the box or you have a bad connection and it is leaking
if it were the hi pressure side you would know it but the low can just drip

the groaning on the old box was probably air

Last edited:

jherman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info i will give it a try, i drove it this morning and the pedal returned normally but the pedal still has a stiff spot when you first step on it like it isnt going to go down, then after the initial push it is okay until the next time you try it then it does it again. i will bleed it and maybe it will be okay.
regarding the line i was just guessing because it was the only thing i could come up with. thanks again for the info.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14