Brake Upgrades

Big Stu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I am planning on upgrading my rotors and pads for better stopping power, I'll need all I can get with the new tires. Can someone point me in the right direction for either of these items? I was told power slot for the rotors but have no idea about which pads, any suggestions? Thanks:)

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Hi guys, I am planning on upgrading my rotors and pads for better stopping power, I'll need all I can get with the new tires. Can someone point me in the right direction for either of these items? I was told power slot for the rotors but have no idea about which pads, any suggestions? Thanks:)

yes, power slot rotors with hawk performance brake pads.

discount power parts is a sponsor here at SDD, and can get you everything you need.

power slot rotors & hawk pads

just scroll down until you see the ones that match up with your year model.

the hawk superduty pads are for use if you do alot of towing, excellent stopping power.

if you dont tow alot, you may want to go with the LTS pads.

HPS - Performance Street Compound - For everyday driving application.
LTS - Light Truck & SUV Compound - Daily driving with weekend towing applications.
Superduty - Severe Duty Truck Compound - For full time extremely heavy towing applications only

Big Stu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, power slot rotors with hawk performance brake pads.

discount power parts is a sponsor here at SDD, and can get you everything you need.

power slot rotors & hawk pads

just scroll down until you see the ones that match up with your year model.

the hawk superduty pads are for use if you do alot of towing, excellent stopping power.

if you dont tow alot, you may want to go with the LTS pads.

Excellent info, thank you.:sweet

dboyw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just be aware, since you have an early 99, the rotors are different. I had to call to get the correct ones for my truck.
But since you have a dually, not sure if there is a difference.

Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have frozen rotors on my excursion. I love them. When y next truck needs rotors, if I can afford to wait, I will put them on then, as well. Of course it is jsut a work truck, so that might change the parameters a little...

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also have powerslot rotors and hawk severe duty pads on the front and rear of my 02 and love them. They have been on my truck for a while now and their are hardly any signs of wear. They are one of the best investments I've made. I am running 38/15.5R20 mickey thompson mtz's.

Last edited:

Big Stu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just be aware, since you have an early 99, the rotors are different. I had to call to get the correct ones for my truck.
But since you have a dually, not sure if there is a difference.

Damn, yeah I didn't even think about that. It says 99-04 superduty so I just figured they would work. I'll have to see if they fit when they get here. Thanks for the heads up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14