Question Brakes all 'round

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didnt know you could convert trailer brakes to disk? Sounds pricey. I'd like to do that on my 21ft enclosed trailer.

I'm still research'n, it aint "Fer Cheap'. Fer now it's look'n like $1800+-ish, but thats parts'n labor.. I haven't pinned it down to.. Just parts.. yet.

So far, it's Electro/Hydraulic.. The controller sends a 12v signal to a pump.. that actuates the calipers..

More to follow ??

Last edited:

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
Well, decided to go with one of our Site Sponsors.. Frozen Rotors.

SUPER customer service. Very thorough in getting it right.. Year, Make & Model.. what do I do with it, GCVW, and so on.

4 new Cryro treated, slotted rotors, Hawk LTS pads. Also decided (later) to go with 4 New (not remans) calipers too.

Everything ships next Monday.. I'll be busy, week after next. ;):cool:;tu

Nice set up BigJoe! I bookmarked the site and will be doing that upgrade this summer!;tu

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Sliding pins is something that needs an eye kept on, but we don't have the frozen conditions that Michigan has, and this is less of a problem for us. Thanks TG!

Dave

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got all the parts

The Big Brown truck brought all my Brake parts yesterday.

Go'n RV'n this weekend.. I'll get on it next week. Hope'n it's just an R&R, should be.. All New Parts.

Think'n 'bout Wheel Bearings tho.... 165K on the OEMs

Whadya think ?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I bought a unit bearing to have around in case I have a failure. I have a bit over 123,000 miles and no signs yet. -OR- who knows?

Dave:dunno

Last edited:

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a unit bearing to have around in case I have a failure. I have a bit over 123,000 miles and no signs yet. -OR- who knows?

Dave:dunno

Ya, I'll take a hard look at things when I get in there Dave, Thanx.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, decided to go with one of our Site Sponsors.. Frozen Rotors.

SUPER customer service. Very thorough in getting it right.. Year, Make & Model, build date.. what do I do with it, GCVW, and so on.

4 new Cryro treated, slotted rotors, Hawk LTS pads. Also decided (later) to go with 4 New (not remans) calipers too.

Everything ships next Monday.. I'll be busy, week after next. ;):cool:;tu

Got'r dun.;tu

Everything NEW. All the pieces & parts, didn't use Anything from the OE stuff. New seals, Bearings were all good, repacked'em.. flushed the system.

WHATA DIFF.. Still in the Run-in phase but...... WOW :D:D

If anyone is thinking "Brakes" ?? Take a Hard Look.. at the SDD.. Frozen Rotors link.. for your brake needs. ;tu Premium Quality Stuff ;t

Joe

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Several others have told the same story Joe. Glad you are a happy camper. I will keep this in mind.

Dave :)

frozenrotors

Frozen Rotors
Reaction score
Frozen rotors promo discount

We are happy to announce that effective immediately. We are once again offering a DISCOUNT to all Super Duty Diesel Members. Our NEW website is now up and running with UPDATED software.

Use PROMO CODE FR 1010 (10%) for the discount to be applied at 'checkout'.

This offer will remain in effect until further notice.

Thank you again for your continued business and support. Call us direct if you questions or need technical assistance.

Keith

[email protected]
1.888.323.8456 / 952.746.8880

M-F 8:00 am - 5:30pm CST.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58