Brakes Question

4x4grey88

Nascar Fan #88
Reaction score
I have heard that the Super-duty's have a common issue with the disk brake system pertaining to warped rotors. Is there one rotor that warps more then others (i.e. front right vs rear right, etc.)? when I brake it feels like one of the rotors is tugging so bad that is jerks the vehicle.

Of course I will be checking into the brakes in the very near future but I was just wondering if any one rotor shows damage more then others.

Last edited:

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
the biggest issue I see with brakes an anything, not just the Superduty's, is the rotors pitting, flaking, and shaling apart.

Brake pull when applied is one of two things.. siezed up caliper (either pistons in the bores or hardware in the bridge - equally as common) or a brake hose coming apart from the inside (flap of rubber liner forms like a check-valve) on the side OPPOSITE the pull

aklim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some moron, whose name shall not be mentioned :innocent drove the truck in spite of the squeaking brakes. One day, this fine individual got near the house and stepped on the brakes. No brakes until it hit the bottom of the pedal travel. When he got home, he found the rear disk smoking. Took off the wheel (very stuck) and found that the outboard pad was ok and the inboard pad was gone and the piston was engaging the rotor. Not only that, fluid was pouring out as fast as it could. New pair of calipers later, all was well.

Moral of the story. Check your brakes often and on both sides of the pad.

stroker21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't mean to hijack this thread. But aklim, every time you post something, I get too busy looking @ your avatar photo.:evil

Last edited:

Bad Night

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the biggest issue I see with brakes an anything, not just the Superduty's, is the rotors pitting, flaking, and shaling apart.

Brake pull when applied is one of two things.. siezed up caliper (either pistons in the bores or hardware in the bridge - equally as common) or a brake hose coming apart from the inside (flap of rubber liner forms like a check-valve) on the side OPPOSITE the pull

x2 . Have had all of the above probs at one time or another . Guess that goes with having had 8 Superduties in the past 9 years . 4 with high milage .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58