Brakes quiting, help

bmfdt

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Ok the other day I had bambie stop in front of me and didnt want to do my 05 front end conversion just yet, so I slammed on the brakes. Now when I'm driving the brake pedal will feel stiff barely pushing on it, get soft, and then stiff again and to stop I have to stand on the brakes. Obviously this isnt too safe and I have a roadtrip to austin coming up and would like to get there safely. What could slamming on the brakes have damaged? The fluid is full. Also last night the back right brake locked up enough to stop the truck all together. Let it sit for 15min and then it was fine. Any ideas?

probear

Whoresetmytitle?
Reaction score
It sounds like the ABS is not working correctly. Does the ABS light come on when you first start the truck? (To verify that the bulb is not burnt out)
If it does, and then goes out, you will have to pull the codes to see if any are set.

Anyway, it's a start.......

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
I'm just reaching here, but what about the brake booster? Could the diaphragm have been damaged in an extreemly hard braking episode?

bmfdt

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
On my way to work tonight I also started thinking about the booster. I think that is the problem. When the pedal does feel hard I have to stand on it but the truck will still stop just not easy. And it reminded me of driving my friends non power brake truck. Guess I gotta take it to a mechanic since I dont do brake work. Wish me luck. :thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58