Brakes

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
Somebody educate me please.......what brake shoes and pads are best for our trucks? I need to do mine (front and rear) and I want to get pads and shoes that last.

Also are drilled and slotted rotors worth the money?

Rookie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to the dealer and got OEM pads for the front. I got almost 100k on the front and that's with towing a horse trailer 4 times a week. I still have the rear shoes on at 164K and I'm still towing at least twice a week. When the rears are due, I'll get the shoes from the dealer. I don't care what they say about factory parts and the expence (they did cost more than what you'll pay at NAPA) anytime I can get that much wear out of the factory equipment, I'll go back for more. I'm still using the factory rotors so can't answer that question.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
jharvey said:
Somebody educate me please.......what brake shoes and pads are best for our trucks? I need to do mine (front and rear) and I want to get pads and shoes that last.

Also are drilled and slotted rotors worth the money?
John I believe our brake pads are semi-metallic(someone correct me if wrong please) but whenever anyone talks brake pads/rotors ART comes to mind :sweet

SDD member erlong had done a how-to Install article on the ART's with pics and details if it helps some :cool: :cowboy:

Bill

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
Thanks gang.....I have only gotten 35k out of the last set which were Bendix and I don't think that's too good, but maybe I'm wrong since I do alot of stop and go driving in town :dunno

Bill we need to hook up on HF or Echolink sometime and see if we can get a sked for us oilburners started maybe once a week or so.

Thanks again

CHPMustang

Reaction score
jharvey said:
Bill we need to hook up on HF or Echolink sometime and see if we can get a sked for us oilburners started maybe once a week or so.

Thanks again
Sure thing,I've got the bandwidth to handle several nodes and support many repeater connections,once a week on Echo sounds good :sweet

Bill

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bill the ART site basically sells the Performance Friction carbon metallic brakes that you can pick up @ autozone but they don't list rotors for the older trucks only for the '99+ :(

I put the PFCM brakes on my truck last summer and they work quite well I'm pleased and you get the lifetime warranty from autozoo I can't say how well they last but that's what's on there now, I've run their pads on other trucks and the only thing I've found is that you have to run decent rotors in that you can't buy the cheap rotors @ autozone or advance you need to buy either OEM or some of the optional upgraded rotors otherwise the rotors are well under spec when you replace the pads too.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
BJS said:
Bill the ART site basically sells the Performance Friction carbon metallic brakes that you can pick up @ autozone but they don't list rotors for the older trucks only for the '99+ :(

I put the PFCM brakes on my truck last summer and they work quite well I'm pleased and you get the lifetime warranty from autozoo I can't say how well they last but that's what's on there now, I've run their pads on other trucks and the only thing I've found is that you have to run decent rotors in that you can't buy the cheap rotors @ autozone or advance you need to buy either OEM or some of the optional upgraded rotors otherwise the rotors are well under spec when you replace the pads too.
I shot ART an email to see if they have additional information that's not listed on their site :sweet

Bill

CHPMustang

Reaction score
John here's the email reply I got from ART this evening;
Hi Bill,

Say, if it's got disk brakes, we do them. The website lists current
popular
vehicles.But, we've done brake for your truck in the pass.

|Anyway, a front rotor kit for your truck, 1995 F-250 2WD run $430 plus
shipping to your zip-code (UPS Ground).

All of our kits includes our cyro-treated, gas-ported rotors and carbon
metallic brake pads.

Thanks for your interest in our products. If you should have other
questions, you know where to find us....

If you would like to order one of our kits, If you have further
questions or
rather order by phone, you may reach ART at: (714) 527-9400. If we miss
your
call, please leave a message and we will return your call.

Steve Morgan
Applied Rotor Technology
714 527-9400

barebackjake

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i really like the performance friction carbon mettalics. more brake dust and they dont last as long as the napa gold pads i was running but they stop better. i get about 40k out of mine and after that the rotors were still nice and true and looked brand new still. im runnin the napa rotors though. i know 2 people that have had rotor problems with the slotted and/or drilled rotors.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58