Help Needed Brand new diesel guy wanting advice & knowledge

Rasputia F250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Sorry my first post is gonna be long but hope u can read it & lend some advice. Im new to trucks in general. Just bought a 2001 F250 7.3 & I wanna start mapping out a project plan. Truck is already lifted which u can tell in pix 6 inch front 4 inch rear with skyjack stabilizer bar & dual front shocks, not sure of lift kit brand but it was customized so that linkage for steering & driveshafts were made longer, 4 inch banks exhaust, banks power system but no programmer with piggyback into a stock transmission , Retraxpro bed cover, aftermarket tail lights & front lights getting swapped out real soon. Now that you have baseline I wanna upgrade the truck so im gonna list what I "think I need" if you guys could tell me what's necessary, not necessary or missing, etc.

Upgrade turbo to Garrett Powermax GTP38R
Upgrade turbo housing with nonwastegated turbo housing 1.15 A/R
custom chip from Beans diesel
Boost fooler

First question- what brand of injectors should I go with & what stage & are REMAN ok or buy strictly new?
second question- is intercooler needed?
Third- what stage cold air intake?
Fourth- brand & type of HPOP to go with?
fifth- is Fuel Air Separation System Pimp needed (FASS)?

Once again thanks for help. Remember im a rookie so take it easy on me lol.

Last edited:

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
First off welcome! There are alot of knowledgeable folks on this forum. What are your goals for this truck? daily driver, drag racer, sled pulling?

1st: LOts of people offer injectors at different stages depending on your goals. I have NEW Beans stage 1s.
2nd: You have a intercooler and yes it is needed.
3rd: you will get lots of opinions here. Stay away from k&n the are terrible. I have AFE stage 2.
4th: Depends on your goals. I have the Adrenaline HPOP from our site sponsor Dieselsite.com
5th: Fuel air separator I would recommend! I have the Airdogg II.

Rasputia F250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks man glad to be on here & learning. Goals are a mixture of daily driver, with that sport mode readily available & be able to tow an enclosed bike trailer with at least 4-6 ok so crotch rockets. Ok so everything I listed is good to go I just need to find out what stages of each application will work with my setup & what I want truck to do. Not trying to break records but I def want my new girl to get up & go when I stomp pedal, tow efficiently, and be able to put put and cruise around. If I get chip will it be necessary to change transmission out right off bat?

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
Thanks man glad to be on here & learning. Goals are a mixture of daily driver, with that sport mode readily available & be able to tow an enclosed bike trailer with at least 4-6 ok so crotch rockets. Ok so everything I listed is good to go I just need to find out what stages of each application will work with my setup & what I want truck to do. Not trying to break records but I def want my new girl to get up & go when I stomp pedal, tow efficiently, and be able to put put and cruise around. If I get chip will it be necessary to change transmission out right off bat?

I had mine chipped for a while before the transmission build. If you hotdog alot you might want to do it sooner than later.
My setup is good for safe towing and stoplight to stoplight fun also. Be prepared to spend some $$$$$$! Once you start you never stop!;tu

Rasputia F250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Ok yea im not looking to hot dog a whole bunch but once I get better trans set up im sure I will tho lol. Just wanted to know if I could wait to get that done. Yea I can see this is gonna be addicting lol.

Rasputia F250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Also do u think its good idea to get custom chip from Beans Diesel with the setup as it is now? Then just get a reburn once I really start getting all these major upgrades?

Rasputia F250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Oh ok. Yea I have banks exhaust. Just need to get the intake then. What stage would u recommend since I told have much done....stage 2 be sufficient?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14