Breakfast get together

ktpauley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How does a breakfast get together for Saturday, Sept. 9 at 9:00 sound? Same location as before, the Family Heritage Restaurant 508 Harleysville Pike, Souderton, Pa. Keith

Last edited:

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ktpauley said:
How does a breakfast get together for Saturday, Sept. 9 at 9:00 sound? Same location as before, the Family Heritage Restaurant 508 Harlesville Pike, Souderton, Pa. Keith

I won't be there, but the Franconia Diner (not sure if that's the right name) East across Allentown Rd (in that little strip mall next to Bergey's) from the Family Heritage is also a good place to get breakfast.

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
I'll have six over easy, hash browns, 4 tomato slices, 4 bacon, 2 toast and a small oatmeal. Sweet tea to drink.:D

ktpauley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jvencius said:
I won't be there, but the Franconia Diner (not sure if that's the right name) East across Allentown Rd (in that little strip mall next to Bergey's) from the Family Heritage is also a good place to get breakfast.

We go Heritage because they have a larger parking lot, and have a breakfast buffet.

Brian come on out.

Keith

Last edited:

spindrift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We're in San Antonio right now, getting ready to start drivin' east later this afternoon. On the way out of Jersey and outside of Knoxville, I was getting a little punchy. I turned the wheel over to my better half who doesn't have experience towing. Literally, 15 minutes later a semi goes past us and the rig starts to sway. I did my best to talk her thru it and I even hit the trailer brakes...no luck. It got bad. Somethin' like a dog wagging its tail. The TT flipped and we jacknifed, the whole rig goin' down the Interstate sideways. I really think the weight of the Excursion is what saved the truck from flipping over. All of us, and the dogs, walked away. I can't count the number of stars that lined up just right for all of us to be here today. We had a major family hug. The TT broke apart. It was toast and obviously a total loss.

I should give BFG a call. I had just put a new set of the AT T/A KOs (do I have all of those letters correct?) on the truck. After our skid came to a stop and I checked everyone out inside, I jumped out to shut down and remove the propane tanks. Then I looked at the truck. The entire driver's side of the truck was heavily, and I mean heavily, dusted with road cinders that the tiires had spit out while we were going sideways. Those suckers ate up that macadam.

I had the truck checked out at a dealership. Other than the damage to the driver's side rear end, she was safe to drive. So....a family meeting. Do you bite the dog that bit you, or throw in the towel and go home? HELL NO! We changed all our reservations, stayed at cheap hotels, ate peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, and still got to do just about everything we had originally planned.

The kids want to write a book. The whole experience has been unbelievable.

Reaction score
Spindrift,

That's just freakin' amazing!!:eek:
Glad to hear that everyone is okay (including the pooches) and that y'all didn't let it ruin your vacation. You'll have to post some pics if you have any.
Tell the kids to start writing. It would make for some good reading, I'm sure.
Good luck to you on the rest of your trip!:thumbs

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58