Breaking Into Your Own Truck

Reaction score
Hypthotically speaking of course, have any of you had to break into your own truck? If so, how? What's the route to take, if you happen to...um....lock your keys in your truck and can't find the spare because you're in the middle of moving??? Hypothetically, or course!:innocent

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
door handles (from the dealer) are about 59 bucks each....lock tumblers
are about the SAME price...

id try to go thru the door handle myself...and id try to stay away from
the metal of the door.

orileys in my 'hood sells slim jims...

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
i had to go thru the back sliding glass once, when the batteries on my remote died for about 15 minutes.

new back glass.................almost 300.00 :doh: :cussing: :D

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
Hypothetically of course, I'd hope I had a AAA plastic credit card sized pre-cut key for my door in my wallet. Then hypothetically it would open my door, hypothetically...of course. :D

dboyw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are not a member of any car help club, AAA, Good Sams Road Side, then this is how they got into mine.

Pry the top of the door open as far as you can, without breaking anything. Wedge something in the door to keep that space open. Now all you need to do is take a coat hanger and push the unlock button, or hook the lock knob and hope it pulls up.

Good luck.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
If you are not a member of any car help club, AAA, Good Sams Road Side, then this is how they got into mine.

Pry the top of the door open as far as you can, without breaking anything. Wedge something in the door to keep that space open. Now all you need to do is take a coat hanger and push the unlock button, or hook the lock knob and hope it pulls up.

Good luck.

you could da just said, "use the redneck's slim jim device hangin in your closet" :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao

Brad B

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Good luck.

In a pinch, you can take your FM antennea off and use it to poke your unlock button. Will have to bend it around some though but mine straightened out pretty well after having been used like that twice.

Keep a spare key hidden on the exterior of the vehicle in the future.

fgtex

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Good luck.

Works every time...not that I would know.:D

Reaction score
Thanks, guys!!

That's what kills me. I have a spare and a magnetic hide-a-key, but after having used it recently, I failed to return it to it's hiding place!:(

Locksmith I called said he could do it for $40, tomorrow. I'm not in any hurry...hypothetically, I did this at home. So, I'll probably go that route, and shortly afterwards.....I'm sure I'll find the :cussing: spare!!

This is all hypothetical, or course!:D

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score

Good luck.

AAA's preferred method of legal B&E!!:thumbs do it all the time.im in your car in less than 15 seconds :D :sweet

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58